We are pleased to announce ten (10) NYCWF Microgrants of $500 each to support projects or professional development for Members of the NYCWF Network!
Submissions are now closed.
Thank you to all the applicants for sharing your work with us. Please check back regularly or subscribe to our newsletter for when Round 2 opens for submissions.
Winning applicants will be notified by August 1st, 2021.
Congratulations to our Semi-Finalists!
About the Grants
Grants can be used for production materials, post production services, film festival or competition fees, film education or training, and purchasing or renting essential equipment or supplies. We will prioritize projects/films that support underrepresented filmmakers and/or involves NYCWF Network members in key leadership positions.
There is no expectation that projects will be fully finished by the end of the grant term. However, all grantees must provide an update by December 15th, 2021.
Please note only NYCWF Network members with active Filmmaker & Veteran subscriptions are eligible for this grant. If you are not yet a qualifying member, please upgrade before applying.
We don’t accept projects that promote hate or excessive violence, projects/films completed prior to Jan 1, 2020, and projects/films with any affiliation with a major studio, or having secured U.S. distribution or films produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network
- All selections are the decision of the NYCWF committee and are final.
- NYCWF will in no way own or control your copyright or intellectual property.
- You MUST include your real name and contact information in your application.
- Any materials submitted will not be returned.
- You agree to provide an update by 12/15/2021 on what you did with the microgrant, even if that use changed from what was on the application.
Terms & Conditions
This Agreement of Terms and Conditions is made effective upon your submitting your application and consists of the entire agreement between You (the “Applicant”) and NYC Women Filmmakers (“NYCWF”), concerning the NYCWF Microgrant (“Microgrant”) award of $500 each to 10 Applicants.
We do accept a variety of applications whether the purpose is for film, writing, acting, directing, producing, post production, equipment, crew, competitions, consulting, education, paid feedback notes for new works or works in progress.
You agree to provide an update by 12/15/2021 on what you did with the microgrant, even if that use changed from what was on the application.
Projects/Films with any affiliation with a major studio, or having secured U.S. distribution or films produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible.
You MUST include your real name and contact information in your application.
Payment of the microgrants will be done via Paypal. If you win a microgrant, we will require you to submit your email, phone number and address. It is required by law for our records. If you cannot share that information, please do not apply.
You – the Applicant – grant permission to NYCWF to share your name, project title and team members, images, synopsis and description, genre, film clips and information about you, crew and cast members, team members, and your project on the NYCWF website, social media platforms, in our promotional, visual, digital, or print, marketing materials, grant applications and other materials in perpetuity throughout the known and unknown Universe.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS:
1. Hold Harmless. Upon the performance of services by any of its employees, agents, invitees and/or volunteers for the purposes specified herein, the Applicant shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless NYCWF from any and all actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage and/or injury (to property or persons, including without limitation wrongful death), whether brought by an individual or other entity, or imposed by a court of law or by administrative action of any federal, state, or local governmental body or agency, arising out of or incident to any acts, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of Applicant, its personnel, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers in connection with or arising out of Short Film Submitter short film or services. This indemnification applies to and includes, without limitation, the payment of all penalties, fines, judgments, awards, decrees, attorneys’ fees and related costs or expenses, and any reimbursements to NYCWF for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
2. Authority to Enter Agreement. Each Party warrants that the individuals who have signed this Agreement have the legal power, right, capacity and authority make this Agreement and bind each respective Party.
3. Amendment; Modification. No supplement, modification, or amendment of this Agreement shall be binding unless executed in writing and signed by both parties.
4. Waiver. No waiver of any default shall constitute a waiver of any other default or breach, whether of the same or other covenant or condition. No waiver, benefit, privilege, or service voluntarily given or performed by a Party shall give the other Party any contractual right by custom, estoppels or otherwise.
5. Ownership. The Submitter warrants, affirms and represents that she/he/they is the rightful owner of the copyright of the submission owns and maintains the rights to their project and submitted materials. Applicant hereby grants NYCWF a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use the project to show, publicly perform, display, use and/or stream the submission on the NYCWF website and on any affiliated websites, social media or promotional materials, as well as Applicant’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes.
6. Content. Submissions may NOT include material that may be considered pornographic, obscene, hateful, violent or advertising a product or any commercial activity or that which would otherwise conflict with the mission of NYCWF. Applicant will be solely responsible for its own content and the consequences of submitting the content to the NYCWF Microgrant. Applicant also expressly affirms, represents, and warrants that they own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish, use, perform, display or otherwise submit all of the material in the product they submit for consideration in the Microgrant approval process. Applicant further expressly warrants, affirms and represents that the project submitted does not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, for which Applicant does not have the express and legal permission from the rightful owner of the material and that Applicant is otherwise legally entitled to use all of the material included in the submission for consideration in the NYCWF Microgrant, and grants NYCWF all of the license rights granted herein.
7. Submission is electronic signature. The parties agree that by the act of submission of the application to this site, Applicant explicitly agrees that he/she is agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions herein and will have the same effect as if the Applicant physically executed said document.
8. All Winners of the Microgrant agree to share the news of winning the NYCWF Microgrant and tag NYCWF on their social accounts, and to thank NYCWF publicly in credits on their film, or if it is not a completed film with credits, on their website and or social media sites – using the organization name and social handles.